Ungodly Politics

"Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh." - Al Swearingen


Saturday, December 13, 2003  

Christopher Hitchens is insane. I can think of no other way to describe it.


"Watching the towers fall in New York, with civilians incinerated on the
planes and in the buildings, I felt something that I couldn't analyze at
first and didn't fully grasp (partly because I was far from my family in
Washington, who had a very grueling day) until the day itself was nearly
over.

I am only slightly embarrassed to tell you that this was a feeling of
exhilaration. Here we are then, I was thinking, in a war to the finish
between everything I love and everything I hate. Fine. We will win and they
will lose. A pity that we let them pick the time and place of the challenge,
but we can and we will make up for that."

posted by lazarus | 09:54 | |
Comments: Post a Comment
E-Mail
religious, scientific and skeptic links
political blogs and links
archives