Ungodly Politics

"Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh." - Al Swearingen


Monday, April 05, 2004  

I've written my own views on why the music industry is going broke, but the NY Times just published an article with A Heretical View of File Sharing. Apparently, it's not that bad after all. According to this study, file sharing doesn't affect music sales at all.

I'd have to add that the last six albums I bought were affected by file sharing in this way: five I bought because I was able to download and listen to them first, to see if the rest of the album was worthwhile. The sixth I heard on a free digital music channel on my digital cable (NOT radio, mind you) and I promptly ran out and bought it that night.

So, free non-radio music led directly to my purchasing CDs. Imagine that.

posted by lazarus | 10:33 | |
Comments: Post a Comment
E-Mail
religious, scientific and skeptic links
political blogs and links
archives